Sunday, December 6, 2009

So much for trying to post daily...

Well, here's attempt #2.

12/5/09 Saturday:

1.) Salsa dancing--love it. Spanish music is so much fun to listen and dance to. Also reminiscent of the good ol' days in Mexico and Panama.

2.) Dinner at "Annie's Bistro"--Mushroom soup (though we had ordered Butternut Squash but they ran out!), roasted beet salad with Feta cheese and other scrumptious delights, and Ravioli with creamy pesto and cheese.

3.) Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples with a small group of amazing people. Much laughter, learning, and sharing. I loved connecting with my two teammates from Catch Phrase..as well as learning (or being frustrated by) all those random, esoteric, or archaic sayings.


The plan for today:

1.) Practice practice practice! I was invited to perform at an advisory board Christmas party on Tuesday. Still undecided as to exactly what I want to play. hmph. And this full-time job has done much harm to my usual practice schedule.

2.) Grad school apps! (Stanford STEP program!) Only 1 month left to apply. It's a love-hate relationship.

3.) Read? Just bought a book from the Salvation Army thrift store a week ago and its still in the bag--though I am uber excited about it! It's "The Book of Virtues, A Treasury of Great Moral Stories" edited, with commentary, by William J. Bennett who happens to be A WILLIAMS COLLEGE ALUM! He majored in philosophy (probably in the 60's) and has accomplished many incredible things since.

I also have a stack of books from the library that I need to tackle.

Weather: Chilly! It's beginning to feel like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment