Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Woke up to warm, bright sunshine today. First thought: definitely not a white Christmas. But nevertheless magical in its own way.

(I always tend to associate such brightness with new years, especially lunar new year. Don't ask why.)

Anyway, it was nice to wake up feeling like I could just "chill" today and not worry about all that I have to do post-Christmas. I enjoyed praying in bed this morning amidst the all too familiar clinks and clangs of pots and pans as my mom prepared for our guests this evening. I think the full half-hour of church bells ringing from the Catholic Church directly across from my windows eventually inspired me to get out of bed.

Really, most of today was spent cleaning and prepping. But that was actually a blessing because cleaning your home can feel like you're cleaning your life sometimes. The house is immaculate now and I hope we were a blessing to our guests.

I got some great gifts this year: a darkened room, a clean and warm home, the company of my two sisters, a handy soon-to-be brother in law, a delicious meal, and enough love that I can be appreciative and thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment