Hmmmm...it's late, and I'm yawning, but I have much on my mind.
So in the past 6 months since graduating from Williams, I've....(in no particular order)...
1. Went to Burma
2. Took the GREs, the CBEST, applied to grad school (though I am totally having second thoughts now!)
3. interviewed at a bunch of places, edited my resume copious times, and thought long and hard about my passions/gifts and future
4. committed to a small group and found a second church home
5. contemplated my role at church, tried to engage ministry opportunities
6. cultivated amazing new relationships
7. learned to ballroom dance
8. became a better city driver
9. tempted for a bunch of non-profits
10. worked for the Ronald McDonald House
11. picked up the violin again, and now fooling around with guitar too (don't know where this is going)
12. read some great books (though I always wish I could read more)
13. attempted to keep in touch with people from a million different places
14. succeeded in securing rec letters from profs
15. completed the arduous process of becoming a mentor to a refugee/immigrant youth
16. was incredibly inspired at a young adults retreat at Tahoe. Got my dose of snow, fire, fresh air, sledding, and pampering.
17. finally learned how to play rockband and some wii games
18. has, hopefully, been a blessing to her family
19. was too distracted throughout the holidays--but ultimately able to meditate on the true reason for the season.
20. dealt with the shocking loss of her father
Some things on my mind for the coming days:
1. Full time youth ministry--both daunting and exciting. Praying. Trusting. Do I really see myself as a youth worker/pastor? I guess we'll find out.
2. Still feel called to the poor in developing countries--missionary work at some point? In what capacity?
3. Ready to have my own space, but hate to give up free housing at my mom's
4. Not so sure about grad school anymore. I'd be surprised if I got in--I don't feel ready yet. Glad I only applied to one program. Perhaps I was too hasty.
5. What professional skills do I want to cultivate in the future?
6. Must work on my personal and spiritual discipline. I think the structure of my new job will help.
7. So busy, so many activities and things I want to do. So many friends to make time for. How should I prioritize? I need to be more efficient. Lord, help me to make the most of my limited time here on earth.
8. Overall, excited about what the near future holds. I am open to wherever God leads. Everything is in flux, but trust in Him and knowledge of his goodness and faithfulness makes it all bearable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've done so much, lovely Annie, and whatever is to come will be a beautiful God story, regardless of which shape it'll take. I'm excited about your near future too! May His peace be with you -- although I'm sad that I'm not with you! :) love
ReplyDelete