Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's a dark and dreary in the city by the bay. But I am feeling oddly alive. I am sitting at my wooden desk reminiscing of the snowy Saturday mornings in Williamstown...the warmth of the old entry dorms, brunches at driscoll, tunes of the chapel bells. Hmmmm good times. I am realizing just how precious those years were. Never would I have imagined spending such long winters in a cozy brick dorm, in a little farm town nestled in the mountains thousands of miles from home.

It's one of those days when all you want to do is bundle up and read a good book in bed. (Though I don't think I've ever let myself indulge in such a thing!) Work just never seems to end. One of these days, I'll have to learn.

Life has been good. A lot of wandering around the dark...experimenting with different jobs, building relationships, doing the things I've always wanted to do but have been too busy or afraid to do. One of those things is social dancing. I never knew how glorious it feels to soar across the dance floor. As the music flows, time stops and you forget all your preoccupations. I think I'm in love.

--------------

I met a little angel today in church. She sat two seats away from me and loves to sing the same songs that I love to sing. We had an instant connection when the music started and she ended up moving to the seat next to me. I am excited to see her again next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment